Thursday, November 13, 2008

DREAMS OF A KINDERGARTENER.

Wow. What a day! Let me say weird dreams must run if my family but for some reason ever scene we moved into our newest house [THANKS ARMY] we have all had some crazy dreams. my youngest seems to be freaked out 3 nights out of 7 with some strange tail of horror. From Steve from Blues Clue leading her towards the witches who live in my sisters haunted barn to animals telling her fair tails at the mall. This morning was soooo stress full. Our sweet Ellie decided about 4 1/2 minutes before the bus came that school was not an option today. She was more then happy to sit on the sofa all day thank you very much. Then came the tears,then more tears,and more... here comes the bus.... there it goes. OK. New strategy, lets sit in the couch and talk.
Mommy: Why don't you want to go to school.
Kid: I am afraid.
Mommy: What are you afraid of?
Kid: A boy at school. {more tears}
Mommy: Who?
Kid: Coby. {crying uncontrollably}
Mommy: I Thought Coby was your friend.
Kid: He is in real life, but not in dream life. [tears still flowing]
Mommy: Coby is still your friend. He would never make you sad on purpose. {starting to calm down}
Mommy: Did he hurt you in your dream, or did he get hurt.
Kid: No.
Mommy: Was he mean to you? Did he do something Bad?
Kid: YYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEESSSSSSSSS!! [hysterical]
Mommy: What happened?
Kid: I cant tell you . [crying]
Mommy: It's OK you can tell me........................

This went on for 15 minutes. Mommy is about to cry. What happened?? Why wont she tell me?? Was it that horrid? OMG??!! I packed her into the SUV and took her straight to school. We walked in the office and asked to see the counselor. Then waited, and waited, and waited. She seemed a bit less upset so I asked her again what did Coby do in your dream.And she was off! Crying. Whining, refusing to set foot in the class. OK THAT'S ENOUGH! I had to know what this crazy little dream boy did disguised as sweet Coby. I sat Ellie on my lap and told her mommy really wanted to know so I could tell the counselor {I think Eleonore thought she was somewhere between a queen and the Pope]. Well she told me this sad, horrible,scary dream. This bad little dream boy did the most horrific and cruel thing you could imagine!!! He actually
popped her animal balloon!!! OK? That's it?? Thank God. And as if on cue in walks the counselor. So off we go to her office they talked and I mostly listened and everything was fixed. {I HOPE!!!} An hour later off she went to class with a smile and a promise that if they ever had animal balloons in class we would be sure none of the kids tyred to pop them. I wounder if the balloons had fuzzy fur, big sad eyes, and walked around singing happy songs. Maybe they danced and threw pastel confetti and candy to the kids as the floated thru the air leaving little flowers and rainbows in the air. Or maybe it was just a plain old animal balloon that got smashed. well pray all goes well tomorrow. Its Friday so I will be in her class all morning hoping we have no more dreams or break downs.
I wanted to say how sweet everyone in the office was to her, from the principal with his funny name and teddy bear, the cafeteria lady hairnet and all who seems to know the names of all600 kids, to the office staff who told her about Germany and coo-coo clock castles and of coarse the counselor. I hope the next schools are as wonderful.

No comments: